It’s finally here…the long wait is over! And no, I’m not referring to the 2nd season of Stranger things, although this season is even better than the last if you can believe it. I’m talking about the sale of the year that every fashion and beauty lover treats as a national holiday. It is the annual Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. So, are you wondering what’s all the commotion is about? Is it worth the hype? I’m breaking it all down for you.
It is an opportunity to get deep discounts on virtually everything, including high-end brands like Free People, Frame, Rebecca Minkoff, Tom Ford, Sam Edelman, La Mer – the list just goes on and on.
When is the Sale?
The sale comes in two phases. Phase II is early access to Nordstrom Card Members which start on Friday, July 12 at 12:30 p.m. EST. Phase II is open to the general public and begins Friday, July 19 at 12:30 p.m. EST and lasts through Sunday, August 4.
Benefits of becoming Card Holder
It’s free to apply for the Nordstrom credit card and if approved here are the breakdown of the benefits:
- Shop the event a full week before the general public. This is great because a lot of items will sell out before it is open to the general public.
- Earn points faster than if you were just a Nordy Club member.
- “First to Shop” access when the Clear the Rack events happen
- $100 in alterations benefits
- If you apply before Wednesday July 10th and get approved you get a $60 bonus note
Additional Days of Glam
Nordstrom is also running Glam-Up Days, so you can get hundreds of beauty samples, exclusives, and gifts with purchases.
On Saturday, July 20, Nordstrom is also holding a Beauty Bash event where shoppers can get free makeovers, applications, and a limited edition tote with makeup purchases of $125 or more.
Stay tuned for a roundup of all of my picks for this glamorous sale!